Monday, February 2, 2009

Some sports in a busy period



Once again, busy time... Now, I am starting getting familiar with the idea of many sleepless nights working in my apartment or at the lab. Yesterday, I finished late and that was good for me to watch a bit of the final of the Australian Open of tennis: Rafa Nadal vs. Roger Federer, the two best tennis players in the world in the last years. The match was amazing once again. It was really long, so I slept around the middle. When I woke up I checked the results and a satisfaction smile appeared in my face... Nadal had done it again, he had defeated Federer once again. And he had become the first Spaniard who had won the Australian Open. Nice!! And in the celebration, when Federer started crying, Nadal behaved as a real gentleman.

This afternoon was time for the SuperBowl, one of the most important events of the year in the United States. I did not know it was held today, so I was a bit surprised when I saw a party starting after lunch! I asked and they told me about the event. I was too busy to watch it, but I could go to the Rec House just for the last half hour. It was the first time I watched American football seriously, and actually, I liked it. The final minutes were amazing. In a couple of minutes, the team winning changed a couple of times! And Pittsburg Steelers won with a touchdown around 40 seconds before the end of the game! A nice first exposure to American football, or simply football for them... ;)

No comments: