Monday, February 15, 2010

Running in Tokyo

I have started running seriously again in the last two weeks. After some problems with my Achilles' heel, it was time to finish my almost 2 month recovery period and start running again. I have started running between 10 and 15km almost every two days around Bunkyo, the ward in Tokyo where I live. I usually start running towards Tokyo University and go to Ueno Koen from there, sometimes passing by Bunkyoku city office. Then back home.

Yesterday, Sunday, i decided to go for something longer and went from Sendagi to the Imperial Palace and Kitanomaru Koen, turned around them twice and back home. It was a little bit more than 24km and the pace was good until the 20th kilometer, when I got too tired. It had been a long time since I last ran more than 20 km after all!! In total, more than 2 hours running non stop around a very beautiful area in Tokyo. Quite a satisfying experience.

No comments: