Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This week... in Kyushu

This week is my last one before I start working in Tokyo and I had all my paperwork finished last week. So, to make the most of my time, I decided to spend this whole week in Kyushu!

Kyushu is the southernmost of the main Japanese Islands and it was for many centuries the only point of contact with foreign nations. It was also A-bombed...

The cities I have visited or I am going to visit are Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Beppu, Aso san and maybe Kumamoto and Dazaifun.

Now some photos I took today in Nagasaki. Notice the influences from China and the West!


2 comments:

Seppo "Ninja" said...

Did you know that peppu in Finnish means "fanny"/"butt". This makes onsen-rich Beppu's slogan "dive into Beppu" quite funny. :=) This is why I had to visit it also when I was in Japan.

Alvaro said...

Hahaha! thats such a bad coincidence! ;) I have to write an email to you!! long time intending to do it... but not done... hehe...