Friday, November 9, 2007

My last weeks at work

First of all, let me apologize for not updating this blog as often as I used to. These last weeks have been quite busy at work and I did not have much spare time at home…

As I already explained to you in a previous post, I had decided to move to a new section in ESTEC. As a matter of fact, that change has been made effective! Now I belong to the Antenna and Sub-millimeter Wave section and not any longer to the Microwave section. But before the change was effective, I had to submit many reports, make presentations and talk to many people… Today I will move to my new office and the section change will be consummated.

Now I will be working on two projects, more related to radiation and electromagnetics than my previous project, related to mixers. In my opinion, my professional situation will improve, as I will have more involvement in the section and I will be working with people who seem to be nice. My work with Finnish has not been satisfactory at all (sorry Seppo, but you can understand from our conversations in Leiden ;-). As a matter of fact, I have not had real supervision so far at ESTEC… maybe I should blame my previous supervisor instead of his nationality. This week he proved all his tactlessness, but that is something not to be talked about here… 

By the way, from last Sunday and for 15 days, I will be in Japan, mostly in Tokyo but with some visits to the Northern and Southern areas, maybe even Sapporo and Kyushyu (for the ones who know about Japan). I will bring my laptop and I will have internet connection… therefore, I will try to continue updating my blog during this period! Stay tuned!!

No comments: