Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Niagara Falls

The last weekend in August, I went to Niagara Falls and Toronto, Canada. Niagara Falls are one of the most famous falls in the world and they are in the border between Canada and USA. Actually, there is one town in each country called liked that: Niagara Falls. I checked the prices and to fly in the US side was quite cheap from within the US, so there I went. I arrived at night and could go to see the night illumination and some fireworks!

These are the so-called American Falls:



And these are the known as Canadian Falls:



At night, I could appreciate these falls were quite impressive, but they were much smaller than expected! And, as a matter of fact, from the American side, you can't see much of the Falls!

I wanted to experience the falls, and therefore, I went for all the possible activities there. I went down the cliff to be at the bottom of the American Falls...



... and took the "Lady of the Mist" boat to get almost within the Canadian Falls. I got pretty drenched!



I also checked them again from the edge...



... and enjoyed a closer look on the American Falls from that ship I mentioned before.



The best view you can get from the US is from an observation tower/deck:



I did everything possible in the American side (even visiting the aquarium, a museum or watching a movie), so it was time to move to Canada!



From Canada, the view was much better!! You are further apart from the Falls, but you gain perspective and can appreciate them as a whole. I enjoyed this view much better!



And you can get pretty close to the Canadian Falls!! So it was pretty much the same experience as in the US side.



Two more panoramas from Canada!




If you are going to Niagara Falls, do not miss the Canadian side!! If you only have time for one side, go for Canada!! seriously!

No comments: