Saturday, August 1, 2009

Last week's readings

Last week, since I came back from my road trip, I have been reading like crazy. I actually was craving for some good old crazy reading time. That means devoting all your time to reading (apart from work, food and a few hours sleep). The result is I have read to amazing books which I recommend to you all.

1. First I read "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy and my friend Havard's recommendation. Great book. It is utterly dark and hopeless. You kind of know the ending since the beginning but the struggle of the main characters is overwhelming. You really feel sympathy for them. And the vocabulary the author displays is simply amazing.

2. Yesterday, I started reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson, the first book in the Millennium trilogy. I finished it one hour ago. I literally could not put it down. The plot is complex and thorough and really interesting. The moment you read a couple chapters you cannot stop reading. I just ordered the second part, "The Girl Who Played With Fire". It has just been released in English. I was surprised when I found out even the third book is available in Spanish!! English translators have been pretty lazy apparently... Si podeis enviarme una copia del tercer libro os lo agradeceria mucho! No sale en Ingles hasta Octubre/Noviembre!!!

No comments: